1.04.2011

749284727

Emails from school are putting me on edge. Got 2 weeks before I actually start, but I told myself i'd get all this shit done before I started like get the math down for both maternity and peds. I hate math and I get major anxiety before these test. We get two of them a semester they give us 10 questions, each one is timed one minute for regular dosage and 2 min for IV calculations. Gotta pass with a 90% so you can only miss one questions and you can only take the test 3 times (each time the tests get harder though) So far I've surprised myself. Passed both of my tests of last semester with 100% on the first try.

Here is an example of a question:
The order for Pfizerpen 200,000 U IM q6h to a three day old infant. The drug is available in powder form in a vial with 1,000,000 U. The directions on the vial say add 4.0 mL of diluent to get a solution with a concentration of 250,000 U/mL. How much will you give?
FML... let me learn this shit first will post answer later.
0.8!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment