5.02.2010

Broken Social Scene @ the Fillmore 5/1







So awesome still can't believe I met some of the guys from the band! Everything worked out so perfectly amazing it all happened by chance. Sort of hahah! I convinced Gonz to head down to SF kinda early so we can hang out in Japan Town, have some drinks and be one of the first in line so we can get a good spot up front. We went to this bar called sundance something where the waiter hooked it up, he was cool and we chit chatted bout Mexico soccer and kids and stuff. I was definitely feeling tipsy after that, mmmhmmm jack and coke(my poison)So we headed to the venue it was really early though so just as we were deciding to go for a walk we see two guys walk out from the side. So I started to follow them, stalker status! They were talking bout how nice SF was. After a block we stopped to cross the street thats when Gonz asked if they were from Broken Social and they said yes. We started talking to them about everything and anything. I took my picture with them they were really nice. They were headed back to their hotel and I told them, i planed to follow them and they were like thats cool. They warned me not to get too drunk for their show. I told em they should come back again soon cus it sold out so fast and that I paid more for my ticket but didn't mind. They said they would make it worth the price I paid. It was so cool! i asked em where was the best place to stand and they told me where. I told them that I was gonna be right in the front! After 4 blocks of walking with them I realized I was actually talking to them and started to get all groupie fan 'tini bopper like' excited, after some squeals that sounded like this "yeeeeee" they were like please don't squeal. LOL, it was just too much and way exciting I couldn't stop smiling! So as we were headed closer to the hotel, we said 'goodbye' and that we'd see them soon. They stopped to say good bye to us, they definatly didn't have to do that I mean but they did which makes them even that much more cool. Ughh definitely once in a life time thing. So on to the show we were so stoked off meeting them and walking with them. we stood right under Andrew like we said we would. We made eye contact several times during the show and when he knelt down to fix his pedal, I smiled and gave him a little wave to which he acknowledged us both with a nod and a smile. Ahhhhh Amazing! I wish I would have asked them to play my favorite song from them Shampoo suicide, now that would have just made it beyond amazing for me. Dang I tell everyone I want that song to play at my wedding too, wish I told them that cus I think its hell of a complimant hahaha. Now that i think of it I would have brought up some more things and would have tried to not look so retarded in my pic with them but whatevs we got lucky and such an amazing show they played!

ps. their new album = amazing stuff.
Forced to Love

No comments:

Post a Comment